Sunday, November 30, 2008

Kersplat!

On Thanksgiving morning, I had my annual bike accident. Once a year, whether I need it or not, apparently. I have to admit, I have had several more spectacular crashes in the past. In this case, I was riding on Highway 1, just north of Davenport, when I caught my tire in the train tracks. I lost my balance, and my bike went over my head. I was intact enough to keep on riding, which was good, since I was about 15 miles from Santa Cruz where I had started. When I got back to my parents' house, my brother pointed out that I had marks from the chain ring along the shoulder of my jersey, confirming that the bike had in fact gone over my head. I ripped through my jacket when I hit the ground, and earlier today I picked a piece of said jacket out of the scabbing abrasion on my elbow. Yes. Once a year. At least.

1 comment:

DMK said...

Wear that embattled jacket with pride!