Sunday, May 6, 2007

Global Climate Change Attacks San Francisco!

It was in the 80s all weekend...how apocalyptic is that? Nate says it's just May. Maybe he's right. Most of my team was racing this weekend at Wildflower. Go Team! I know you all rocked that course! You are superstars! I, however, have a couple more weeks until showtime.

I trained on my own this week and weekend. In the middle of the week I fell while running for the first time, well, ever! It did not feel very good (no surprises there...) I cut and bruised my hand and knee in several places. Oops. I won't go into the "how" and "why" details.

On sunnier fronts, I took an amazing ride all over the city on Saturday. Starting from home, I rode out Cesar Chavez down to the water and then along the Embarcadero all the way to Crissy Field and the GG Bridge. I went up through Fort Mason and Seacliff to the Palace of the Legion of Honor. Then I cut in toward GG Park and paralled the park up past USF and Alamo Square. I came down through the Western Addition and Hayes Valley, through the Castro, into the Mission and then took Valencia back home. It rocked! So today, I did it again (I think it was abot 22 miles) but this time I packed my wetsuit and swam at Aquatic Park. I still have both my legs and the water was actually a little warmer today than last time.

Tomorrow is the day of rest. Sweet, sweet rest.

No comments: