Sunday, March 16, 2008

I am kitten, hear me me-OW!

I had been plateauing for a while, but this weekend was definitely a time of breakthroughs. First of all, I did FORTY push-ups in a row. Second of all, I ran ELEVEN miles today (after swimming at least two miles. If that wasn't two miles, I'll eat my swim cap!). I have never run eleven miles before in my life. I think I've run nine maybe once, and eight a handful of times. Methinks the legs doth protest too much. I got this scary feeling at the end, where I really, REALLY wanted to stop running, but I just couldn't. Even when I got back to the parking lot, I wanted to keep going in this weird state of endorphin-induced masochistic agony. Yikes, is that a runner's high? I don't have any pictures to post at the present, but next week is the first open-h2o swim, so that should yield some good ones. Time to break out hte swimming mantra. Here, in radio-edit: If the girl can't swim, she's bound to drown.

Wish me luck and a shark-free environment.

2 comments:

Nate Cardozo said...

She lies! It was only 49 and a half push ups. I was there!

The Stumblesaurus said...

Haha, you mean 39 and a half :0)!