Saturday, September 6, 2008

There's Nothing Like

blogging about how great the weekend was while it's still going strong.

Down in Palo Alto all week, I battled the heat. I did a couple of longish rides after school, but both days, it was so hot that the water in my bottles heated to an almost undrinkable temperature, and I had to cut the rides short. Needless to say, my core heated just as much. One of the days, I attempted a brick involving running the Stanford dish. I thought I would surely vomit from the heat. Fortunately, I did not.

However, when it's a hundred degrees in Palo Alto, you can be pretty sure that it's a lovely seventy-five in San Francisco. Ok, maybe eighty. But much, much more manageable.

This morning, Nate, Pam, and I swam in Aquatic Park. Nate drove (to drop off Penny) and I rode down the Embarcadero to meet him at the water. The conditions were more perfect than ever have I seen them. Warm air, calm water, no sharks, decent water temperature. We swam a very nice mile, as witnessed in the accompanying photos. Nate and I will try to recreate the magic again next Tuesday evening.

Tomorrow, Pam and I are going to do a bike loop in the Headlands, then run on Chrissy Field. This time next Saturday, we will be rocking the Malibu swim-bike-run.

No comments: