Sunday, March 18, 2007

I found the perfect prom dress!



Intense weekend!

On Friday, I swam 1.5 miles: a new personal best! On Saturday we trained again at Redwood High School in Larkspur. The weather was beautiful. I got really, really lost on the bike ride, but luckily I wasn't alone. Next time I will leave a trail of Clif bar crumbs back to the starting point.

After the workout, I bought my tri suit. I opted for the two-piece kind. The one piece kind looked like a using-the-bathroom nightmare. Enough said. Apparently, exactly what you wear for a triathlon is largely a matter of personal choice. Are you doing the tri for speed or comfort? Somewhere in between? Just want to finish? I decided to go with swimsuit/wetsuit combo for the swimming portion, then throw the tri shorts and top on over the swimsuit for the biking and running portions. Thinking this through so carefully may seem neurotic, but even if I achieve a personal best on race day, I would be spending a minimum of 4.5 hours wearing this getup...so it'd better fit like a glove.

Today, Sunday, we had our first "themed" workout. The theme was the '80s, and though it pains me to admit it, I didn't have to purchase anything new or used whatsoever. For this special occasion I wore pink leggings, an airbrushed off-the-shoulder t-shirt, black legwarmers, large hoop earrings, and plenty of red lipstick and purple eyeshadow. Everyone was truly impressed with how fresh my makeup still looked at the end of eight miles.

No comments: