Sunday, March 11, 2007

Watch Out, Sharks...Here I Come!

A variety of my body parts are feeling GREAT right now. These good-feeling body parts include my eyelashes, fingernails, teeth, and most of the other body parts that don't have any joints or muscles in them.

This weekend's workout was SUPER because Mr. Golden Sun was shining the whole time. However, it was also rather strenuous. Saturday's workout was in Novato. We swam a little over a mile and then biked thirty-five miles. The views on the ride were breathtaking, as were the hills, meaning they took my breath (pant, pant, pant).

This morning, I "sprung ahead" and did a sixty-five minute run in Golden Gate park. My eyelashes, etc. definitely felt better than my knees at the end of this little jaunt. Next week will be a similar set of workouts, and then the following weekend we take the plunge into the mighty open waters of the San Francisco Bay.

I have exactly two weeks to overcome my irrational fear of great white sharks chomp-chomp-CHOMPING my little kicking legs to smithereens. These sharks do not live in Santa Cruz, let me assure you. I very much enjoyed swimming in the ocean when I lived there. Naturally, they live in San Francisco because they guard Alcatraz, which is precisely the area in which we will be swimming in the forseeable future. Keep your hands and feet inside the wetsuits at all times, everyone.

No comments: