Saturday, January 26, 2008

Wrong 55!

Today marks the official start of the Spring 2008 Team in Training Season! The kickoff event was downtown in a hotel, just like last year. Nate planned to meet me there after he ran some errands of his own...and I inadvertently sent him on a wild goose chase. I remembered from last year that the kickoff was held at the Parc 55 Hotel, and I reminded Nate of this fact. When I got off MUNI at Powell station, I checked my informational brochure (go me for remembering to bring it, along with my health and liability forms!) and did a double take...the kickoff event was actually being held at a different hotel: The Mariott 55! Apparently the Marriott 55's address is 55 4th street, whereas the Parc 55 is located at 55 Cyril Magnin Lane. Fortunately, the two hotels are just a few blocks apart, but how random is that!

In my haste, I failed to convey this information to Nate, and apparently after he wandered around the Parc 55 for awhile, he had the presence of mind to go to the Apple store and use the free Internet to figure this whole mess out. He arrived promptly as the kickoff was wrapping up and filled me in on the whole delightful treasure hunt. Ok, it's not much of a story, but I thought the deal with two 55s was vaguely entertaining. I tried.

I was so happy to see so many familiar faces at the kickoff! There were lots of teammates from the Spring 07 season back for another go around. To top it all off, I got a free TNT chapstick AND green swimcap for my pre-season fundraising efforts. Go Team! Looking over the schedule, I see that I will really be getting the season started off right by missing the very first team workout due to an after school workshop. Those thirteen miles will run themselves, right?

No comments: