Sunday, April 13, 2008

Snakes and Lizards and Birds...

...oh my! And squirrels and frogs. I saw all of these dead on the road today. In terms of training, this was a good week, which is of note since things on other fronts were disastrous. But this is a training blog, is it not? In that case, what a great week it was!

Yesterday was the annual classic "Alpine A**kicker" ride and run. This entails an elevation gain of about 3500 feet over the course of a 20-mile-out, 20-mile-back route centered around Alpine Dam near Muir Woods. We hopped off our bikes and ran for an hour at the halfway point. No, this did not make the second half easier.

Today I skipped the practice triathlon on San Pablo Bay because I didn't feel I needed practice with body marking, transitioning, and such. I felt I needed to get some more fast miles under my pedals. I went down to Santa Cruz and did another 20-out, 20-back on Highway 1. It was absurdly windy on the way north, and extremely awesome on the way south. The roadkill was abundant on both sides of the road.

I've gotta be fast enough to make my bike time cutoff at Wildflower. I have a couple more weeks to get faster before I have to taper. I can do this.

I am Iron.

BTW, only $87 to go!

No comments: