Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Week in Review

T'was a difficult week for me! On Wednesday, I skipped Kezar and took an extra rest day to celebrate Nate's birthday (well worth it, especially after the training weekend extravaganza). I was all ready to get back to business Thursday, but as I was changing into my bike jersey, I realized I had forgotten my bike shorts at home! Gaaaa! I have never made such an omission before. And I had to be back in the City at a specific time for an appointment, so it ended up being a three rest day week for me.

I asked coach Chris how to get faster on my bike, and taking three rest days was not one of his suggestions.

Today we had a big ol' loop ride (The "Cheese Factory Loop," in fact) in Novato/Nicasio. I rode the 48 miles much faster than I rode the same mileage at the Wildflower course. Yes! And after more swimming, too.

One month until the main event. Things are getting serious. Buckle your bike helmets, everyone.

No comments: