Sunday, April 20, 2008

Suffering!

The bike ride up Mt. Tam and across the Seven Sisters was the single hardest physical activity I have ever completed in my entire life. The final five miles of the ascent include a 1500 foot elevation gain and the road is painted with inspirational phrases including "suffering," "pain," and "anguish." Wow. What a ride. Traversing the Seven Sisters felt like coasting along rollers in comparison.

Here's the view from the top. Hello, Bolinas Bay!



Sometimes I am overcome with the beauty of the world. Not joking.

Today I ran 15 miles. Yowsers, a new record. I am beat. Peak training is HARD! I can't wait to taper, and then rock the Wildflower course. Two weeks to go.

I'm feeling more fatigued than eloquent at the moment, so this is as good as this post is going to get.

1 comment:

DMK said...

Rebecca you are impressive! Circulation is a bummer even and it seems even in super fitness mode it's still there! Hang in there, cold hands means no hand pains!